Monday, April 15, 2013

A Review: Ellie

Not too long ago, I discovered Ellie and wrote a really excited blog post about it (here!) So you can imagine how excited I was to be offered the opportunity to try two free items from their March Little Black collection! Can I just say how much I am loving the fact that their whole line is black!?!?!?


And lord knows my fat needs a funeral!! I'm also loving that the April collection which debuts soon will be mostly coral colored.

My new Ellie gear! 
After much debating, I finally settled on the Black to the Future sports bra and Dark Matter Leggings, I also now own the "Just Like Heaven" tee (shown) and the "My New Obsession" leggings (not shown). When I got the package, I ripped it open thinking I was just going to try them on, snap a few photos for this post, then continue lounging around being lazy until my afternoon workout with RR.  However, after trying on the sports bra and leggings (and doing a few jump tests to make sure my boobs were compatible with the sports bra, lol)  I couldn't wait to put them to a real test (and show them off) at the gym. I threw on a some sneakers, and hit the gym! 2 hours of Cardio and lifting later, I was a believer. The fit and materials are great! In my closet, I have a wide variety of brands of work out apparel, and these among my favorites.




 If you join the Fit Fashionista club, you get 2 items of your choice every month for $49.95. Which is pretty reasonable since most other brands of this quality charge more. If you haven't already, I STRONGLY encourage you to try Ellie! Oh and did I mention they gave me this 20% of coupon for me and all my friends? Enjoy!



Since I was taking photos, I figured it was also a good day to do a weigh in. Especially since this might help give you all a better idea on Ellie's fit and sizing. I ordered Mediums in everything, the shirt, the bra and leggings.  I'm a 34C, and all other measurements shown below.  And now for my (dreaded) weigh in...

Weight:                       147.2lbs   (Yikes! I have some work to do!)
Height:                        5'1"
Chest (in sports bra):   35"
Natural waist:              29.5"
Widest part of waist:    32"
Hips                            41"
Thighs
     Left                       25.25"
     Right                     25"

I guess its good that I'm down from 150 lbs but I'm sad that I've gained weight in the first place, and I clearly need to do a better job of balancing out my leg workouts. I've got some work to do!!  But at least I'll look cute while doing it. ;)

Styling and Profiling,
Candydiva04


2 comments:

Ms. Jackson said...

I love the back of that sports bra. Oh and your arms and shoulders look great!

Candydiva04 said...

Thanks! The back of the sports bra was a major selling point for me too! Now I just need to get lean enough to feel comfortable running around with my shirt off! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India