Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lord Jesus its a Gut!: Ain't nobody got time for that!

So I have a confession, I've been on a junk food bender since mid December. I guess this isn't really news if you've been reading my blog.  However, what might be shocking is the denial I've been in.  I didn't think it was catching up to me, or else I deluded myself into thinking I could out exercise my bad diet.  That was until I saw this...

Every now and again RR will record me so that I can see my form (whether its good or bad), because when you're lifting especially when you're lifting heavy good form is important.  He wanted me to look at my form but all I see in that video is my gut.  It just plays in slow motion in my head.  It gave me nightmares last night. (ok now I'm just being dramatic) But I went from this

          and this   

to that. Its upsetting because it means I've undone a lot of hard work for some junk I don't even remember eating. But fortunately its the kick in the pants I needed to finally do the 2 things I've been talking about doing but not really doing.  The first and most important is to actually fix this sloppy diet of mine, and the second is to do more cardio.

You might be wondering why I'm not planning to rush out and do a bunch of sit ups, or posting an ab day workout.  Its not because I'm holding out on your guys, (I swear!) its because I don't really do abs.  I have good core strength and I do, do ab workouts.  

The secret to a flat tummy/6 pack abs is really a 2.5-3 step process.  

Step 1: Build Core Strength (BKA- Muscle)
I personally, already have step one (more or less) taken care of.  When I was in high school, I fell in love with Tammy Lee Web's Abs of Steel video. (Did I just age myself there?)

Image source

I did it EVERY night, until I reached the point where I could do all 3 sections in a row.  I still have the VHS and bought DVD of it last summer when I needed more ab strength for Aerials.  I still do it every now and again, but not like I used to.  If you don't have much core strength I strongly encourage you to get Abs of Steel DVD or just follow along with this youtube video until it gets easy, then get the DVD and start doing the other sections. Its old, its basic, her outfits/music/hair are cheesy but IT WORKS!  Trust me!



Step 2. Burn fat  
Since I already have the muscle, I want to burn the fat sitting on top of it. The trick to that is to

       2a. Limit my intake of fatty sugary foods that will only turn into more fat, and 
       2b.  Cardio to burn off the fat that's already there. 


Fixing your diet really should be a step all on its own, since its the most important and will yield the most dramatic results but since I'm feeling lazy we're going to call it a half a step. Let the uphill battle begin!

On the straight and narrow,
Candydiva04



3 comments:

Ms. Jackson said...

"Its upsetting because it means I've undone a lot of hard work for some junk I don't even remember eating" I can relate! I thought knowing spring was around the corner would motivate me, but then it snowed and I ate...so yea. But I have no doubt you'll be back where you want to be in no time, me on the other hand, well you better pray for me.

pntszdinFluence said...

If you have a belly, there is no hope for me! Geez. I was reading about transverse abdominals the other day and I might start some of those exercises soon. I have less than 60 days to don a bikini and it's not looking good. Grrr

Candydiva04 said...

@pntszdinFluence LOL Did you watch the video that is definitely a gut!! We can do it!! We just have to eat really, really clean for a the next 60 days!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India