Monday, February 11, 2013

I took on the Circus and I won!

The Circus is in town!!!  (It might be, I don't really know)  But for me this means I'm getting back in to Circus Aerials classes.  I took a break because the school is simply too far for me to attempt the commute in these Northeast winters.  However, I've decided the worst of it is over (I hope I'm right) and attended a Aerials workshop last night, so I could figure out what level I am currently.  The workshop is very basic, its an introductory course for anyone thinking about trying aerials, so we didn't do anything too strenuous  we climbed, we inverted (on the ground *sad face*), I did get to do this a few feet off the mat (no these photos are not of me, I need to kidnap a friend and a camera so I can have more photos of me and my repertoire of tricks)


and an upside down descent which made me happy.  Oddly enough the nasty rope burn I got doing this last summer, hasn't ruined my love for this move. 
Imagine her sliding down to the floor like this... upside down descent


Then we moved to the static trapeze and practiced pike-ups (i forget the real name for it is, it might be rock and roll, but for today I'm going to call them pike-ups), 

side star


 birds nest,



 standing on the trapeze, then front and back arabesque, 

front arabesque, the back is the same thing except you lean backwards instead of leaning forwards, like she's doing)
Then finally a Star



After this we moved over to silks, where i got to do some climbing, a foot-lock and another upside down descent, while some of the other other girls hammock-ed and did spins.


Today my traps and delts are sore, and its a good feeling.  A long time ago I reached the oddball gym rat stage where I love it when I'm sore.  I'm happiest with my workouts when I'm sore afterwards because it makes me feel like I actually did something, and am one step closer to my achieving my goals.  So everytime I stretch, reach for something, or try to fix my hair, I get a little tingle that lets me know, I waged a war with Trapeze, Corde De Lisse and Silks, last night and I won!! Next weekend, I'm taking a field trip to DC where I plan to add flying trapeze to the equation. Considering I've recruited a few friennds in the form of Miekspeak and CO from FFF.  I'm really looking forward to this trip!!

Until Next Time,

Candydiva04

PS- Any (real life) friends in or near Philly who want to spend an hour watching my class and taking pics/video of me? That way next time I post about Aerials I can have actual photos of ME!!!! And I'm pretty awesome to watch, I'm just saying! lol








2 comments:

Ms. Jackson said...

I will be sure to bring my camera!

Candydiva04 said...

Yay!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India