Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One Workout, 2 Recipes

Despite having sore shoulders, delts and lats yesterday, I went to the new gym, pushed through the pain and banged out my biceps and back exercises. Which looked like this..

Exercise                                                     weight             Sets                  Reps                               
Lat Pulldowns                                             45lbs               4                            15
                                                                   65lbs               2                            15
Seated rows                                                75lbs               3                            15
Single Arm DB rows                                   15lbs                3                            15
Iso-Lateral chest/back machines                  10lbs              1                           15   
                                                                   15lbs               1                            15  
                                                                   17lbs               1                            13
Seated Row Machine                                   30lbs              1                             2

I tried to do the 2nd set of Rows but my delts were NOT about it.  lol  So i did about 10 min of cardio before leaving for Ballet class!!

After class I realized we ran out of bread, so I thought, I should just make some!! The plan last night after thoroughly kicking my own butt in the gym and then running back to the old gym for Ballet class, was to come home and make this but if I made ithis bread recipe I would have been up until 1am. (No way Jose!!!)  So I bought some bread and went to sleep, this is however on my agenda for later this week. I had hoped to do it tonight but I started to come down with something this morning and making bread is the last thing on my mind today,  :( 

SERVES: MAKES 1 LOAF
INGREDIENTS
  • 4 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 ½ cups warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast)
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
  • 1 packet or 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Follow your bread machine’s directions for making a whole-wheat sandwich loaf. For me that means putting in the dry ingredients first with the wet ingredients on top. I have the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker and it takes the machine five hours to make this loaf.


I'll let you know how my bread turns out,when I  make it! Then while playing around on the internet last night I ran across this recipe which MUST.BE.TRIED!!! ASAP!!!





That's right, healthy nutella!! Who knew such awesomeness was even possible in a healthy version!! I obviously intend to give this a whirl, I'm contemplating making some Nutella covered strawberries, not sure if that'll work the same as regular chocolate covered strawberries, but we'll see.


You will need:
Two cups of raw hazelnuts
1/4 cup of dark unsweetened cocoa
4 tablespoons agave nectar
3 packets of stevia 
1/4 cup of almond milk 
2 tsp vanilla extract

To prepare:
Toast hazelnuts in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes (or less for a less strong hazelnut flavor). Wait for them to cool and then remove skin by rubbing nut between hands or a paper towel. Put in a food processor and blend until it looks like peanut butter. This may take awhile because the nuts have to begin to release oils. Once it reaches this consistency, add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
Spread over bread or eat by the spoonful!

Sick, sore and pouting,

Candydiva04


1 comments:

pntszdinFluence said...

Hmm, I need you to test this healthy nutella out and let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance. LOL

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India