Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Confessions

I have a confession, "My name is Candydiva04 and I'm a French Fry-aholic!" According to every TV show I've watched this is where you all say "Hi Candydiva" ;)

As a french fry addict I just had to share this photo when I saw it on Google +, because its something I would have done (in my fatter days), but only dream of doing now, lol. So imagine my surprise when a friend explained that  McDonald's is offering a deal in Japan where you can order any size fry for ¥150.  That's approximately $1.60 US dollars.  So kids are buying lots large and extra large fries and taking pictures with them.  Which is whats going on in this photo.  Its like the unhealthy version of planking or the "Harlem Shake".

Before any of you french fry lovers start booking plane tickets to Japan, might I suggest you try this healthier alternative first?

Crunchy Green Beans with Curry and Toasted Coconut

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/12/crunchy-green-beans-with-curry-toasted-coconut#ixzz2Mh1EoQNu



Recipe & image source here



Ingredients

  • 1 pound green beans, trimmed
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • Kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked organic coconut
  • ingredient info

    Unsweetened flaked organic coconut is available at natural foods stores and specialty foods stores. (I got mine at the local baking supply store)

Preparation

  • Preheat oven to 375°. Place green beans on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with curry, cumin, and coriander. Season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer and roast until beans are crisp and beginning to shrivel, 30–35 minutes. Toss beans with coconut and serve.

Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/12/crunchy-green-beans-with-curry-toasted-coconut#ixzz2Mh153hz4



Whew, that felt good, I might have to make a confession more often!! I plan to try this recipe tonight, maybe with some black bean burgers.  I'll let you know how it works out!

Admitting it is the first step,
Candydiva04

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India