Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What motivates your workouts?

Initially, I started l this process to get skinny but lost motivation once I started liking how I looked again.  It wasn't until I discovered aerials that my workouts, especially my lifting, became important me because it made me prioritize being strong over being thinner.  So I could have the strength to do things like climb the silks, or flip myself upside down.

All the way to the top!
I would still love to be thinner but I know that my efforts to get stronger will also burn fat and help me get thinner.  Now that I'm approximately 12 days from resuming my Aerials classes, I'm far more motivated in the gym.  I'm pushing myself more, lifting heavier and focusing on doing the movements very slowly to work on my muscle control, because the ability to control your tricks goes a long way to making your tricks look prettier and more graceful than when your arms are shaking and you're pausing to gasp for breath. 

So what motivates you?  If you aren't sure, might I recommend Aerials?  :)

 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India