Sunday, January 27, 2013

How to "Go Green"

My BFF, Tiff, and I have been swapping recipes and cooking tips, really, I'm just stealing her recipes, but it sounds much nicer when I say we're swapping, so I'm going to run with that.

Anyway, last time we talked about our diets and meal plans for the week, I mentioned that because RR has better eating habits than I do, I've been letting him rule the kitchen.  Otherwise we'd be eating junk, or junk disguised as healthy food.  So while I love having a man who cooks, (remind me to post his Ground turkey buffalo meatball recipe later, YUM!) it occasionally has its downsides.

The downside to him cooking is that more often than not, we aren't eating balanced meals.  Typically, its all protein, and little or no veggies.  In response, Tiff tells me to stop being lazy and cook more.  (Thanks Tiff!)  She was at least kind enough to follow that up, with this article on how to get more greens in your diet. The article suggests...

1. Stirring them into soup. I  don't eat much soup and when I do, its not homemade. So this won't work for me.
2. Slip greens into your chicken breast.  This one I LOVE since RR is VERY partial to chicken, this might be a great way to mix things up.
3. Blend leaves into your smoothie.  I was doing this for a while, and it was great, not really sure why I stopped.  CO at Fitness, Fashion Frank, posted this great smoothie recipe that her nephew brought home from school.  If its kid friendly, I'm sure adults will love it too!!  Its on my "To try" list.
4. Beat them into eggs.  Another great and practical idea.
5. Wrap your burger or sandwich with lettuce.  I think this one is slightly impractical for my lifestyle at the moment.  If I take a lettuce rapped sandwich to work, it'll be all soggy and gross by lunchtime. Since I generally buy bagged salads, this would require buying whole lettuce, strictly for weekend sandwiches.. not worth it. To me, but if it works for you, I'm all for it. 

Let me know if you're doing one or trying of these suggestions (especially the ones, I might have ruled out), I'm open to being persuaded! ;)

Hoping to "Go Green" soon, 
Candydiva04


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India